Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Room

This is a look into my sewing room. Even though I started out in the corner of a room and expanded to a full room dedicated to sewing, it seems like I have even outgrown it already. I'm sure everyone could use more space when sewing (especially when there is more than one project being tackled).

This is basically the main work space I use for cutting, laying out fabrics, and pinning. This table was made by my dad. He made it to where it is bolted into the wall, and can fold down in half if I am needing space for a fitting (or whatever else). I also stacked my serger here. I usually serge a few seams at a time, so I don't mind standing when I am using it. I also love that my dad put in an shelf to store a few items that I use regularly (iron, chalk, etc.).





The closet is where I store some of my fabrics and projects I haven't yet started or have already completed. The cork board is nice to remind me of deadlines I have coming up.
This sewing machine is my worst enemy. I usually use it for making piping or button holes. Other than that I try not to use it. So, I'll stop there on this picture.







The other sewing space. This is the machine I use most. It only preforms the basics, but that is what works for me. The sewing table is nice, because it folds down for when someone needs full view of the mirror.
However, one of my favorite things is the peg board. What better way to maximize space, yet have everything readily available. The large cutting table also has a peg board on the wall behind (which wasn't pictured). I usually store my rulers, scissors and other common things.


Well, this is my sewing space. Hope you got some ideas.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome sewing space! Thanks for sharing...I'd try to get Dax to set up some sewing space for me, but since it takes me half a day to thread a bobbin, I don't think it's going to make his to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ideas! I'm going to try and get Dustin to put up a peg board for me too. My sewing space has been taken over by a million other projects, so I NEED better organization! - Leslie

    ReplyDelete